Sony WH-1000XM3 (review) is credited as one of the, if not the best headphones money can buy right now. So, when its much-awaited successor hits the web, one ought to feel the thrill. Yes, the Sony WH-1000XM4 has surfaced in an early Walmart product page.
Before we jump to the upgrades, do note that the 1000XM4 is purported to carry over many of the specs & features of its predecessor. After all, why fix something that ain’t broken, eh?
Sony WH-1000XM4 vs WH-1000XM3: What’s new?
Some of the listed key upgrades include –
- Simultaneous connections between two devices with quick, smart switching. This is called Bluetooth Multipoint and is a must-have feature in a premium headset like this.
- Clear, convenient hands-free calling backed by “Precise Voice Pickup” which leverages the headphones’ five microphones and advanced audio signal processing to enhance call quality.
- Edge-AI that claims to restore details lost in compression
- Improved digital noise cancellation
- Bluetooth 5.0 stability and optimizations
Rest, it’s said to pack 40mm drivers with Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms, hi-res audio thanks to LDAC codec, and frequency coverage of up to 40kHz, just like the 1000XM3.
The similarities continue with its advertised 30hr battery life, quick charge for 10min charge for 5 hours playback, touch controls, and adaptive sound which auto-adjusts to your location and behavior.
ALSO READ: Sony WI-1000XM2 Review
The listed price on the website is $348 (~Rs. 26,254), which is near to what the WH-1000XM3 is currently available for.