Samsung first showcased the Galaxy Z Fold 2 during the August 5 Unpacked event and it’s now finally official. The second Z fold phone will come in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colors with a customized hinge in Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red, and Metallic Blue colours.
The South Korean giant has priced the Galaxy Z Flip 2 at $1,999 (Rs 1,45,930 approx.) in the US and €1,999 in Europe. The phone will become available in 40 markets including the United States and South Korea from September 18.
The Galaxy Z Fold 2 is the third foldable phone from the company and it’s a bigger and more refined product compared to its predecessor. The front ‘cover display’ measures 6.2-inches. It’s an AMOLED screen with 2260 x 816 pixels resolution.
On the inside, the Z Fold 2 packs a massive 7.6-inch display that folds into two halves. Samsung claims to have upgraded the inside screen with Ultra-Thin Glass similar to the Z Flip. Unlike the first generation fold, there is no notch as Samsung decided to punch in the selfie camera on the screen. The foldable display has a dynamic refresh rate of up to 120Hz.
Under the hood, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 sports a Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, which is coupled with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
Samsung has equipped its Z Fold 2 with a 4,500mAh battery that supports wireless charging, reverse wireless charging and fast charging. It’s a 5G phone with support for both sub-6 and mmWave. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and a triple 12MP camera setup at the back. It’s a dual sim phone supporting one nano sim and one eSIM. Samsung also integrated Ultra Wide Band connectivity, Samsung Pay, Knox security, and more.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specifications
- 7.6-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED inside display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging