Oppo has launched two new smartphones in India from its Reno series called Reno 6 5G and Reno 6 Pro 5G (review). These phones besides their fancy designs boast dependable performers from MediaTek’s Dimensity lineup, feature-ridden ColorOS 11.3 software, 5G readiness, and DSLR-like camera features. The latter includes stuff like Bokeh Flare Portrait Video, AI Color Portrait Video, and AI Highlight Video. So, as evident from their names, the brand is pushing for cool capabilities in videography, more often than not backed by AI.
The top dog among the two phones is of course the Reno 6 Pro 5G and here are its specs on paper:
Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G Specifications
|Product||OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G|
|Display||6.5” FHD+ OLED 3D curved screen, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, 800nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection|
|Chipset||MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G SoC|
|Memory and Storage||12GB+256GB|
|Rear Cameras||64MP Main Camera + 8MP Wide Angle Camera + 2MP Macro Camera + 2MP Mono Camera with a Color Temperature Sensor|
|Fingerprint unlock||Yes, In-display|
|Thickness and weight||7.6 mm thick; 177 grams|
|Battery||4500mAh Battery, 65W SuperVOOC 2.0|
|Software||ColorOS 11.3 (Android 11)|
The standard Oppo Reno 6 5G mainly differs from the Pro model in terms of its flatter design, slightly smaller 6.43-inch display and 4300mAh battery, MediaTek Dimensity 900 chipset, and 8GB RAM plus 128GB memory configuration. It is a bit heavier at about 182 grams.
Besides the Reno 6 series, Oppo also unveiled a blue color edition of EncoX with Dynaudio sound enhancements.
And here are their respective price and availability details:
Price, Availability, and Offers
OPPO Reno 6 5G is priced in India at ₹29,990 and will be available starting July 20th. The Reno 6 Pro carries a price tag of ₹39,990 and will also hit the stores from July 20th. You can purchase both of them online through Flipkart, while the Pro can be bought across all mainline retailers too.
Here are the offers on the two phones:
- Cashback up to ₹4000 on HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and Kotak Bank Credit Cards/ Debit Cards EMI Transactions valid till July 30th 2021.
- The customers can also avail 15% instant cashback when you make payment through Paytm.
- Attractive cashback for the first time with Bajaj Finserv up to ₹4000 & One EMI Cashback is also available from IDFC First Bank.
- Not just this Zero Down payment scheme & Long Tenure EMI scheme are also available from all the leading financers.
- Exchange bonus with the purchase of Reno6 series up to ₹3000 valid till July 30th 2021 along with Complete Damage Protection for 180 days only applicable for the Loyal Oppo user only, Oppo Premium services including 80% assured payback other attractive offers for loyal Oppo customers.
- Customers will get Flipkart Supercoins worth ₹1000, which can be redeemed.
The EncoX will also be getting a price drop of ₹1000, for 7 days, starting today which brings down its effective price to ₹8990.
There will be a ₹2000 discount on the Oppo watch as well. The Watch 46mm will be available for ₹17990 and the Watch 41mm will be available for ₹12990. There is another ₹1500 discount on Oppo Enco W31 along with the purchase of Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G.