CES 2020 is here and like always we are about to witness a torrent of consumer electronics products. Computing brands such as HP are expectedly out with new Laptops and table-top PCs. Two of their prevalent models viz. Spectre x360 and Elite Dragonfly have got a due refresh. On the other hand, HP Envy 32 is an All-in-One desktop PC.
Let’s have a quick glance over their respective specs and new features.
HP Spectre x360 15
HP Spectre x360 15 is powered by up to a 10th Gen Intel Core i7processor with NVIDIA GeForce graphics, and up to 17 hours of battery life.
On the surface, it exhibits a 4K OLED 15.6-inch display with a 90% screen-to-body ratio. The panel covers a 30% DCI-P3 color gamut.
In terms of connectivity, you get the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 (gig+). You also get to arrange network prioritization and settings via Network Booster in HP Command Center.
HP underlines security measures such as a Webcam Kill Switch, a dedicated mute mic button, a fingerprint reader located on the keyboard deck along with goodies like Express VPN and LastPass out of the box.
All of these comes packaged in a gem-cut and dual chamfer angular design made with a high-precision aluminum CNC process.
HP ENVY 32 All-in-One (AiO)
This is a desktop PC with media-centric capabilities. ENVY 32 AiO brings up to 65W 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processors, paired with up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics, up to 32 GB of DDR4 memory, and up to 1 TB SSD storage. There are dual storage options too if that’s something you want.
It supports RTX accelerated ray tracing and AI-assist as well. Envy bets big on the audio output out of its Advanced Audio Stream. Hardware-wise, it features B&O tuned front-firing tweeters and subwoofer speakers.
HP has crafted an edge-to-edge glass display fixed on a solid aluminum stand. It has a matte Nightfall Black finish, with a tinge of Dark Ash woodgrain and a heathered acoustic cloth.
HP Elite Dragonfly
HP has updated the Elite Dragonfly with 5G prowess. It is engined by a 10th Gen Intel Core vPro processor. Some of the highlights include HP Sure View Reflect, the built-in Tile tracker, and the whole laptop made out of recycled material.
Other HP products
New Displays and Sustainable Accessories introduced –
- HP E24d G4 and HP E27d G4 Docking Monitors
- HP Renew Sleeve
- HP Renew Series
- HP Spectre Folio Backpack and Topload
Pricing and availability
- HP Spectre x360 15 is expected to be available in March via HP.com for a starting price of $1,599.99. The device will also be available at Best Buy.
- HP ENVY 32 AiO is now available at HP.com for a starting price of $1,599.99. The device can also be purchased at Best Buy, Amazon, and other US retailers.
- HP Elite Dragonfly with optional Tile integration and HP Sure View Reflect is expected to be available starting February 2020 via HP.com.
- HP Elite Dragonfly with 5G and a 10th Gen Intel® Core vPro processor is expected to be available later in the summer. Pricing will be provided closer to the availability date.
- HP E24d G4 Advanced Docking Monitor is expected to be available in January via HP.com for $349.
- HP E27d G4 Advanced Docking Monitor is expected to be available in January via HP.com for $479.
- The HP Renew Sleeve is expected to be available in April via HP.com for a starting price of $59.99.
- The HP Renew Series is expected to be available in Spring 2020. Pricing will be provided closer to availability.
- The HP Spectre Folio Backpack and Topload are expected to be available in February via HP.com for a starting price of $199.99.
“We are excited to be working with HP as it develops its first 5G connected devices for SMBs and the enterprise, very important and growing categories for Sprint,” said Ryan Sullivan, vice president of product engineering and development, Sprint. “The combination of HP innovation and Sprint True Mobile 5G will help to take productivity and connectivity to new levels for businesses of all sizes.”
“Qualcomm continues to lead in LTE connected PCs, allowing users to have blazing fast connectivity while on the go, and we are thrilled to drive 5G connected PCs in collaboration with HP,” said Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager, Mobile, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Qualcomm powered 5G PCs are at the heart of the digital transformation trend that will move the computing industry forward and transform the enterprise.”