Reliance Jio has entered the Indian telecom industry with a bang. From cheap data to a bunch of content-rich apps and from free SMSes to free Video Calls and now the preparation to roll out 5G services, Jio is doing everything to transform our smartphone experience.
Many people still don’t know that Jio also offers free caller tunes service (aka JioTunes) which can be activated without paying any premium or fee. With Jio Tunes – you can set your favorite song as your caller tune from more than 4 lakhs song catalog. There 3 ways to activate Jio Caller Tunes: By sending a message, Jio Saavn Music app, and by copying from other jio number user.
How to Activate Caller Tune using Jio Saavn Music App?
- First, download or the Jio Saavn Music app on your Android or iOS smartphone. If you are still using older Jio music app, it’s time for you to update it.
- Login using your My Jio account credentials.
- Search and select the song you wish to set as caller tune
- Hit the ‘Set as JioTune’ button a preview will pop up
- Listen to preview and if you are ok with it confirm it by tapping on the ‘Set as JioTune’.
- Soon you will get an activation confirmation message from Jio
ALSO READ: Best 5G phones under Rs 20,000 in India 2022
How to set Jio Caller Tunes with SMS?
If you want to follow a more traditional approach to set a caller tune, here’s how you do it. Jio lets you set a caller tune by sending an SMS JPto 56789 with these following codes:
- MOVIE <movie name> send it to 56789
- ALBUM <album name> send it to 56789
- SINGER <singer name> send it to 56789
Once you send the message Jio will send a message seeking confirmation from you. All you to do it send a reply with ‘Y’ and soon Jio will send a confirmation message to you.
How To Copy Caller Tune Using Star button
Like your friends’ caller tune? Well, Jio lets you copy that. All you have to do is press the star button next time when you call him. Jio will seek your consent in a message where you will have to give the confirmation in a text reply with ‘Y’. Now, your phone’s inbox should abuzz with an activation message.