God knows we have tried. But, it seems almost impossible to buy a Redmi Note 5 Pro (the 4GB RAM variant) from weekly flash sales, even after two months of its official launch. This reflects poorly on the brand and is also a huge annoyance for potential buyers.
Xiaomi is now trying to address the issue with a pre-order system.
Starting from 12PM on April 13, you will be able to pre-book your Redmi Note 5 Pro from Xiaomi’s official page. To book your Redmi Note 5 Pro in advance, you will have to pay upfront (No Cash on delivery option). And you will get your phone within 2-4 Weeks.
That’s a pretty big window, but it should still make things easier for customers who are willing to wait.
It must be noted, the pre-order stock won’t be infinite and there is no guarantee that you will be able to book a unit for yourself. You have better chances of buying with Pre-orders but the window of opportunity will still be pretty limited.
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 Pro Pre-order: What is it?
- Instead of waiting for next flash sale, you can simply pre-order a Redmi Note 5 Pro starting April 13 at 12 AM.
- Cash on delivery is not an option, you will have to make full payment up front.
- Those who successfully pre-order will get their phone delivered to them within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Users can not change their delivery address after booking.
- One user can pre-order 1 to 2 products, depending on the product.
- If you change your mind, you can cancel and get a full refund within 7 to 10 working days.
Do Xiaomi Pre-orders guarantee purchase?
Unfortunately, no. The pre-order stock is not infinite. You will still have to hurry up to pre-order one for yourself.
If stock runs out, Xiaomi recommends you to wait and try again later, as stock from unpaid pre-orders will be made available again.