IPL is back and the cricket fever is at its all-time high. Disney owned Hotstar, which has exclusive digital telecast rights for IPL 2019, has added an array of exciting features including ball-by-ball predictor game, emojis, multi-cam feed and more in its cricket live streaming feed.
However, last year Hotstar decided to do away with the free package that allowed users to watch 5 minutes of delayed feed. Now, it let’s user watch IPL live for 5 minutes before it asks you to subscribe. The cheapest among all the Hotstar packs is its “all sports subscription” plan which costs a reasonable Rs. 299 annually. If you are interested in more than just Sports, you may also consider Hotstar VIP subscription pack that costs Rs 365 annually.
This new Hotstar’s all-sports subscription plan will not only let watch IPL 2019 but will also give you access live feeds of the prominent Football, Tennis, Cricket, Formula 1, Kabaddi, Badminton events.
Although Hotstar has introduced sports plan just before IPL last year, there is a way you can still watch IPL 2019 live stream on Hotstar for free on your smartphone.
Note: The method mentioned below will not work when you try to watch Hotstar live streaming on desktop PC or Laptop.
Here’s how you can watch Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL 2019 Live stream on Hotstar via Airtel TV and Reliance Jio TV
- First of all, you need to have a working Reliance Jio or Airtel connection on your device.
- Now, download Hotstar app on your phone from Google Play Store or Apple app store.
- Next, download Jio TV or Airtel TV on your smartphone depending on your network.
- Now, Go to JioTV or Airtel TV and tap on the live match feed.
- Relax, JioTV or Airtel TV will redirect you to Hotstar app and it will start cricket match streaming on your smartphone.
Additional Tip: if somehow you are unable to watch live channels on Hotstar using airtel connection kindly follow these steps:
- Go to settings > Apps
- tap on Hotstar, followed by ‘Storage’.
- Now clear all data.
- Following the same steps, clear Airtel TV app data as well. This should fix your streaming issue.
How to watch IPL 2019 live streaming for free on Hotstar
Following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to wall the IPL matches live on Hotstar for free that too without any subscription. If in case, you are facing any issues with the stream kill the app Hotstar and Jiotv or Airtel tv and try again it should work now.
Apart from IPL 2019, you will also be able to watch live streaming of following sporting events:
- Cricket matches live steaming available on Hotstar
- All International Cricket Council (ICC) matches
- VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL) matches
- New Zealand Cricket Board organised matches
- Bangladesh Cricket Board organised matches
- Asian Cricket Council (ACC) matches (till 2023)
- Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) matches
- Karnataka Premier League (KPL) matches
Tennis matches live streaming available on Hotstar
- French Open
- the US Open
Football League matches live streaming available on Hotstar
- English Premiere League
- Indian Super League
Other Sporting event live stream on Hotstar
- All Formula One races
- Badminton World Championship
- Pro Kabaddi
How to Watch IPL 2019 On Tata Sky and Airtel Digital For Free
Instead of streaming the IPL matches, if you wish to watch them with conventional way on your idiot box, well you can do that too without needing to pay at least Tata Sky and Airtel Digital consumers can. Yes, Tata Sky and Airtel Digital have voluntarily decided to broadcast IPL 2019 TV right holding channels for free. As per messages received by TataSky and Airtel users, they will be able to watch IPL 2019 matches for free on Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, and Star, Sports 1 Hindi HD.
Update: Airtel Digital TV and Tata Sky have scrapped the free sports channel preview offer which they introduced just before the start of IPL 2019. Airtel and TataSky introduced a free preview to Star Sports channels till May 19, 2019, which they discontinued without intimating the customers.