Following the popularity of short video platforms like TikTok, Moj and Instagram Reels, Google also launched its service called YouTube Shorts. Here a YouTube creator can record and share 15-second or shorter videos on the streaming platform. YouTube usually allow users to download video for offline viewing but sadly this feature is not yet supported on YouTube Shorts.
There is a workaround, though, that allows you to download YouTube Shorts movies. Although downloading YouTube Shorts via third-party apps and websites is absolutely free, it is against the law. Similar to downloading YouTube videos, downloading Shorts videos prevent content producers from earning money. However, if you MUST, here’s how to save YouTube Shorts videos for offline viewing on mobile devices.
How to download the YouTube Shorts video
- Launch the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Visit the Shorts category. On the bottom page, it will be next to the home symbol.
- Click the sharing icon and select “Copy link.”
- Launch a browser that allows downloading after that.
- Go to Savefrom.net and paste the YouTube Shorts video URL into the box labelled “Paste your video link here.” You can also use other websites like – Shortsnoob and 10downloader.
- To see the YouTube Short video formats that are available for download, select Search and scroll down.
- To download the video to your device, tap the “Download” button next to the desired format.
ALSO READ: How to use Windows clipboard history tool?
The YouTube Shorts video you downloaded will be saved to your gallery or you should find it in the ‘Download’ folder in File Manager. Now, you can view the YouTube Shorts video in offline mode and can share it with your friends via WhatsApp, Telegram or other instant messaging apps. It is not advised to use the downloaded video for commercial purposes.
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a service for publishing and viewing short videos like Instagram Reels, Moj app, TikTok, and others. YouTube users can access the service using any device like a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or PC. Creators have an access to the media library, timer, speed controls, and other simple tools to edit the 15 seconds video.
Who can make YouTube Shorts videos?
Anyone with a Google account and access to YouTube can make and publish YouTube Shorts videos.
Can we share YouTube Shorts videos without downloading them?
Yes, you can easily share links to the YouTube Shorts videos through WhatsApp, email, Instagram DM, LinkedIn private messages, and Twitter.