AMD has announced its Radeon RX 6000 line of graphics cards, otherwise called Navi 21 or Big Navi. AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su unveiled the three new GPUs — the Radeon RX 6800, 6800 XT, and 6900 XT. These are based on the brand’s 7nm RDNA2 architecture. The company claims the new cards compared to the previous Radeon 5700XT, deliver 2x performance, and 50% performance per watt improvement.
Here’s more on the specs and details —
|Models||RX 6800||RX 6800XT||RX 6900XT|
|Architecture||7nm RDNA2||7nm RDNA2||7nm RDNA2|
|Transistor count||26.8 billion||26.8 billion||26.8 billion|
|Compute Units||60 CUs||72 CUs||80 CUs|
|Turbo Clock Speed||2105MHz||2250MHz||2250MHz|
|Game Clock Speed||1815MHz||2015MHz||2015MHz|
|Throughput (FP32)||13.9 TFLOPs||18.6 TFLOPs||20.6 TFLOPs|
|Memory Clock||16 Gbps GDDR6||16 Gbps GDDR6||16 Gbps GDDR6|
|Memory Bus Width||256-bit||256-bit||256-bit|
AMD is offering support for full hardware Ray-Tracing (thanks to ray accelerators baked into every compute unit) and new high-quality post-process light, shadow, and reflection effects from AMD FidelityFX, an open-source toolkit for devs.
ALSO READ: ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 G732LXS Review
Other highlights include:
- AMD Infinity Cache – 128MB of on-die cache for countering DRAM bottlenecks and ensuring latency.
- Variable Rate Shading (VRS) – Dynamically reduces the shading rate for different areas of a frame that do not require a high level of visual detail, delivering higher levels of overall performance with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
- Microsoft DirectStorage Support – Future support for the DirectStorage API enables lightning-fast load times and high-quality textures by eliminating storage API-related bottlenecks and limiting CPU involvement.
- Radeon Software Performance Tuning Presets – Simple one-click presets in Radeon Software help gamers easily extract the most from their graphics card. The presets include the new Rage Mode stable overclocking setting that takes advantage of extra available headroom to deliver higher gaming performance.
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Significantly decreases input-to-display response times and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.
ALSO READ: AMD unveils Zen 3-based Ryzen 5000 CPUs
AMD says cross-platform gaming will be tuned for the above features. And the showcased results are such:
AMD RX 6000 series Price and Availability
Both the RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT will hit the stores starting November 18 at $579 (₹42,879) and $649 (₹48063) respectively. Meanwhile, the flagship RX 6900 XT will be available from December 8 for $999 (₹73983).