Motorola Moto G
- Dual Sim, 3G, Wi-Fi
- Quad Core, 1.2 GHz Processor
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB inbuilt
- 2070 mAH Battery
- 4.5 inches, 720 x 1280 px display
- 5 MP Rear + 1.3 MP Front Camera
- Memory Card Not Supported
- Android, v4.3 (upgradable to v4.4.4)
- Solid phone for an irresistible price
- Average camera experience
- Solid design and construction
- Easily customizable hardware via swappable backplates
- Data speeds are limited to HSPA+
- No NFC support
- Limited inbuilt storage options
- RAM limitations affect performance
Quick Specifications[See Full Specifications]
- Dual Sim
- Android, v4.3 (upgradable to v4.4.4)
- 2070 mAH Non-Rem. Battery
- 4.5 inches
- 720 x 1280 pixels
- 5 MP
- 720p HD Video Recording
- 1.3 MP Front Camera
- 1.2 GHz, Quad Core Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB Inbuilt Memory
- WiFi with hotspot
- Music Player
- Video Player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
Analysis Group Range: Rs. 17,500 to Rs. 22,500Open all Groups
CPU Speedbelow average
Display Sizebelow average
Display Resolutionbelow average
Camera Resolutionbelow average
Front Camerabelow average
AdvantagesDisplay In Groups
Has Dual Sim
|Use multiple sims at the same time. It allows you to use two services without the need to carry two mobile phones at the same time.|
Has A Responsive Touch Screen
|Touch Displays offer a more interactive experience.|
~ 326 ppi
|Images, videos will look amazing on this sharp and clear screen. Text will be easier to read.|
Has Flash For Camera
|Having a camera flash allows you to take photos in low light.|
Supports HD Video Recording
720p @ 30fps
|You can record videos of beautiful moments, sceneries and watch them later.|
Has Front Camera
|Front Camera enables you to take your own photos and do videocalling (on supported devices).|
Lots Of Storage Capacity
|More storage allows you to store more songs, videos, photos and install more applications.|
Quad Core CPU
|More cores result in better parallelism, meaning more tasks can be processed in parallel without slowing down the User Interface.|
|3G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience.|
Faster Download Speed
|Faster Download Speed means stream videos at real time.|
|You can connect to wifi hotspots in your area to experience a superior internet experience.|
Supports WiFi Hotspot
|Allows you to use your internet connection on your wifi enabled laptop.|
Supports Bluetooth v4.0
|Bluetooth enables you to wirelessly listen to music and calls using bluetooth headsets.|
|GPS is used for determining your location. You can get directions to a place with the help of GPS.|
Has A 3.5mm Headphone Jack
|Having 3.5mm Jack enables you to connect to large number of other devices (such as speakers, headphones) having 3.5mm Port.|
|Detects motion as well as the orientation of a device (horizontally or vertically).|
|Determines direction facing relative to North, East, West and South.|
Supports Video Player
|Watch your favourite video songs and movies in video player. It supports MP4, H.263, H.264 file types.|
Supports Music Player
|Listen to your favourite songs in music player. It supports MP3, AAC, WAV etc. file types.|
Supports FM Radio
|Listen to your favourite radio stations on your phone. Enjoy music on the go with FM Radio.|
Long Battery Talk Time
|With long battery talk time, you can talk on the phone continuously without charging.|
DisadvantagesDisplay In Groups
|Thick mobile phones are harder to carry and look a little old-fashioned.|
Relatively Smaller Screen
|It has relatively smaller screen than other mobile phones in this price range. You can get better.|
Low Resolution Camera
5 MP with AutoFocus
|Considering this device's price, it should have come with a higher resolution camera.|
No Memory Card Support
|Memory cards give your device more storage capacity. So you can store more songs, photos and videos.|
Relatively Slower CPU
|It has relatively slower CPU than the other mobile phones in this price range. You can get a faster CPU than this.|
Relatively Less RAM
|It has relatively less RAM than the other mobile phones in this price range. You can get more RAM than this.|
Doesn't Support 4G
|4G Enabled Handsets give you more download speed and a faster internet experience than 3G.|
Can't Output To TV
|You can't connect your phone to a TV.|
|Cannot switch off phone by removing battery when your phone freezes. Also cannot replace the battery or use spare battery when battery performance is degraded.|
Full SpecificationsReport An Error
|Release Date:||November, 2013|
|Dimensions:||129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm|
|Type:||Color IPS screen, 16M colors|
|Touch:||Yes, with Multitouch|
|Size:||4.5 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels|
|PPI:||~ 326 PPI|
|Internal:||16 GB inbuilt|
|3G:||Yes, 21 Mbps Download|
|Wifi:||Yes, with wifi-hotspot|
|USB:||Yes, microUSB v2.0|
|USB Features:||USB on-the-go|
|GPS:||Yes, with A-GPS Support|
|3.5mm Headphone Jack:||Yes|
|Camera:||Yes, 5 MP with autofocus|
|Features:||Face detection, Geo tagging, Panorama, Touch to focus|
|Video Recording:||Yes, 720p @ 30fps|
|Front Camera:||Yes, 1.3 MP|
|OS:||Android, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 4.4.4 (KitKat)|
|CPU:||1.2 GHz, Quad Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Processor|
|Browser:||Yes, supports HTML|
|Supports:||MMS, Instant Messaging, YouTube Player|
|Email:||Yes, with Push Mail|
|Music:||MP3, AAC, WAV|
|Video:||MP4, H.263, H.264|
|Size:||2070 mAH, Li-ion Battery|
|Talk time:||24 hours|
On paper the Moto G looks like an excellent handset for the price, and in practice it lives up to the billing. Motorola is back folks, it's official. It may not be the return I would have predicted - there's no flagship phone stuffed full of the latest tech - but arguably what the now Google-owned firm has done is even better.
As the Nexus 4 did with the mid-range market, the Moto G has turned the budget end on its head with features found on handsets double its cost. read more →
- Great value
- Decent screen
- Slick interface
- Poor camera
- Low internal storage
- Extra cost for microSD and 4G
Motorola Moto G (2015) review:Big-screened brilliance on a budget
The big screen, 4G LTE data speeds and low price make the Motorola Moto G a solid choice both for people who want to watch movies on the move and for smartphone newbies. read more →
- The Motorola Moto G's big, bright screen makes movies more immersive,
- The pure Android Lollipop experience is easy to use
- And both the camera and the battery put in decent performances.
- Processor power is underwhelming,
- Even for a budget phone, which makes operation sluggish at times.
Motorola Moto G Review
The Motorola Moto G offers budget specs for a budget price, but the experience doesn't feel cheap. The handset's comfy, customizable design has shades of the more premium Moto X, and games and movies played wonderfully on the phone's 5-inch, 1280 x 720 display.The Moto G trumps the Moto E as the go-to budget Moto phone, though you might want to spend extra for the Moto X if things like a metal build, 4G LTE support and a 1080p display are a priority. read more →
- Comfy, customizable design;
- Crisp 5-inch display;
- Clean KitKat build with useful Moto apps
- No 4G LTE support;
- Camera struggles in low light
Motorola Moto G review
For the price, the Moto G is a fantastic device. It has a beautiful display with bright, vibrant and detailed images, the sound quality is great and the battery capacity will give you a good 14 hours' use in our experience.We really like the design, especially the option to change the back cover, and the price point that is attached to the accessories makes customizing this device affordable and within reach for the vast majority.In terms of everyday tasks, the Moto G performed without any issues - it was responsive, fast and showed no signs of lag. read more →
- Fantastic price,
- Lovely design,
- Good performance,
- Vibrant display,
- Good camera and sound,
- No microSD support,
- Switching between front and rear cameras sluggish,
- Battery good but not 24 hours,
- No NFC
Motorola Moto G (2014) review
The price was the key to the original Moto G's success and we suspect it will be a similar story for the 2014 model too. For £150 you get a lot for your money, including a decent display, very good battery life, ample performance and an improved camera, as well as microSD storage expansion and a raw Android operating system experience with some useful extras.However, with its new 5-inch screen the larger Moto G brings a new design that - and this is partly thanks to the metal bar speaker grilles on the front - we just don't like as much as the original. read more →
- Brilliant price,
- Good display,
- Improved camera,
- Good battery life,
- Great performance in this class
- No 4G ,
- No NFC,
- Bulkier design from larger screen format,
- Average sound,
- Front-facing speaker bar design
Good phone ………… but...
It s gud overall. Memory card not supports. It is minus point.
Better than samsung
- Easy to handle
- Android 5.1.1 upgradation is available
- Gorilla glass
- Stunning Look
- Memory card not support
- Ram is low
- Battery to be improved
- A small heaying prob.
Hassle free Moto G. ;)
I have been using this handset for a while now. About 8 months. I have received it with Kitkat installed. It's battery life is amazing. Camera is average but focus is really awesome. It's fast and a no bullsh*t phone. It gives what it claims.
- Gets the latest updates.
- Long battery life. (7 days without internet)
- Perfect size to fit the hands.
- Very sharp screen. Barely noticable pixels.
- Easy to hold.
- Easy to use.
- Never hanged up/lagged.
- Perfect focusing
- Loud sound
- Gorilla glass works perfectly!
- OTG support! (Ability to use Pendrives)
- Plain android! (AOSP) directly from Google!
- After sales service is fast (I am from Guwahati, Assam, India)
- (Bonus) lots of support for customizing from xda developers, phanandroid, etc.
- Slow charger provided in box.
- No USB cable provided in box. (Any works)
- Sound equilizer isn't that good.
- RAM management issue on Kitkat and Lolipop were not fixed by Motorola.. It is fixed now.
Motorola Moto G Review
in Budget Nice Phone
you can go with motorola
- Over all fine.
- Battery problem, charging taking time. and finish very soon. you can net use only 3/4 hrs. Heating....,
overall a nice phone at this price
- Touch is very responsive..
- latest android version 4.4.4..
- asphalt 8 run very smoothly without any lag...
- no heating issue as of now....
- battery last full day with moderate usage...
- no memory card support.
- non removable battery.
- camera could have been better
- charger and speaker built quality.
- neither otg nor usb cable inside the box.