While there has been a lot of China based hustle in the global smartphone market, there has been a lack of smartphone brands from countries except for a few famous nations that have already proved themselves in the segment. Amazingly there has been a Russian brand, Yota, making for the long run in the smartphone battle. Earlier in the recent past Yota had entered the US market with its smartphone YotaPhone 2. And now the baton is taken to China by the Russian maker, Yota.
YotaPhone 2 features a dual display and is the first ever smartphone to contain this feature of a display on the rear panel. The front display panel is a 5 inch full HD AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. And the display on the rear panel is a 4.7 inch EPD display with a resolution of 960×540 pixels. It is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor which is paired with 2 GB of RAM and a 32 GB of in built memory space. The disadvantage of the smartphone is the unavailability of a microSD card slot. It sports an 8 MP auto focus rear facing camera with LED flash with a capability to shoot 1080p HD videos. A 2 MP fixed focus front facing camera is available onboard too. The 4G LTE enabled smartphone runs on Android Kitkat 4.4 platform.
YotaPhone 2 Specifications
- 2.3 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 2 GB RAM, 32 GB in built storage (no microSD card support)
- 5 inch full HD AMOLED front display panel (1920×1080 pixels)
- 4.7 inch qHD EPD rear display panel (960×540 pixels)
- Android Kitkat 4.4 OS
- 8 MP auto focus primary camera with LED flash
- 2 MP front facing camera
- Dual sim, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth
- Weighs 140 grams, 8.9 mm thick
- 2550 mAh battery with wireless charging
YotaPhone 2 price has been set as CNY 4,888 in China and the smartphone is up for pre-orders on the official website of the manufacturer.