The introduction of WhatsApp Web login has been a blessing for windows and mac users as it allows to get access to their favourite messaging service Whatsapp on their laptop or PC. If you are working on your PC/Laptop and don’t want to reach for your phone again and again in the middle of it, then you can use WhatsApp web to send, receive, and read messages directly from the laptop.
WhatsApp Web works similar to the app on a laptop or PC. It is compatible with almost all browsers including Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera. You can type messages from your phone or web and everything will remain the same. Double ticks and blue ticks are also visible and the web version also syncs all your messages and contacts from your Android phone so that you don’t have to juggle between the 2 devices. WhatsApp Web can be logged in using a QR Code.
Which all features can be accessed on WhatsApp Web?
Almost all the features like messaging, sharing documents, photos, and videos, viewing friends’ stories, initiating new chats, changing profile photos, and searching within chats can be accessed on WhatsApp Web. The feature is a lifesaver when one is working on a PC and doesn’t want interruptions in between. Both PC and smartphone should have an active internet connection to get connected. The chats will be safe and synced to your Android phone so you can pick up where you left off.
How to use WhatsApp Web on PC or Laptop?
Follow the following steps to use Whatsapp Web on PC or Laptop:
- Open any web browser and type web.whatsapp.com on the search bar.
- There will be a QR Code on the page that needs to be scanned from the phone with WhatsApp.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the app and you will be able to scan the QR Code from your Android smartphone.
- Select WhatsApp Web and point the phone at the QR code.
- Select the ‘Keep me signed in option’ below the QR Code so that the PC remembers the login every time you use the app.
- Once connected, your smartphone will show a notification that you are now logged into WhatsApp Web.
How to make Video Call on WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web can be used to send messages, files, photos, and videos, check statuses, and archive and block chats. There are reports that WhatsApp will soon add a video calling feature to the web but it hasn’t happened as of now.
How to Log out of the WhatsApp web on a PC/Laptop?
- Click on the 3 vertical dots at the top of the chat box on the browser.
- The menu will have a ‘Log out’ option at the bottom.
How to Update status on WhatsApp Web?
You cannot update your whatsapp status via the web, you can only check your contact’s status using the web. Click on the Status icon next to your profile picture and select any contact to view their status.
How to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web?
Follow the following steps to use Whatapp Web in dark mode on your PC or Laptop:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- There will be an option called ‘Theme’ in the drop-down menu.
- A small window with ‘Light’, ‘Dark’, and ‘System Default options will be shown on the screen.
- Select the ‘Dark Mode’ to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web. You can select the ‘System Default’ option as well.
Checking WhatsApp Login & Logouts on Android devices
- Open WhatsApp on your android device.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner and select WhatsApp Web.
- The screen will show you devices where you have logged in.
- Now you will get the option of logging out from these devices all at once by selecting ‘Log out from all devices’ option or individually tap on them.
- You might see ‘+’ icon in the top right of the screen that is used to add devices. You can only use WhatsApp web on 1 device at a time.
Whatsapp Web FAQs
Can you use WhatsApp on a computer without a phone?
WhatsApp doesn’t have multi-device support so your phone must have an active internet connection to use WhatsApp Web on a computer. If you don’t want to use the phone at all, download Android emulators on your Windows and install WhatsApp.
What are the WhatsApp shortcuts keys for Windows users?
- Mark Unread: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+U
- Pin/Unpin messages: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P
- Search in Chat: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F
- Archive Chat: Ctrl+Alt+E
- New Chat: Ctrl+Alt+N
- Settings: Ctrl+Alt+,
- Delete Chat: Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
- Mute Chat: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M
- New Group: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N
- Search in Chat list: Ctrl+Alt+/
- Open Profile: Ctrl+Alt+P
- Return Space: Shift+Enter
What are the WhatsApp shortcuts keys for mac users?
- Mark Unred: Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + U
- Archive Chat: Cmd + Ctrl + E
- Pin/ Unpin messages: Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + P
- Search in Chat: Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + F
- New Chat: Cmd + Ctrl + N
- Settings: Cmd + Ctrl + ,
- Mute Chat: Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + M
- Delete Chat: Cmd + Ctrl + Backspace
- Search in Chat List: Cmd + Ctrl + /
- New Group: Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + N
- Open Profile: Cmd + Ctrl + P
- Return Space: Shift + Enter