There has been a lot hustle bustle because of the next flagship smartphone launch by Sony. Except for LG and Sony, all other smartphone giants have already unveiled their latest flagship craft works. While LG G4 is playing hide and seek with the impatiently waiting customers, Sony Xperia Z4 is another major player of the game. Earlier there have been rumors of Sony bringing in the next flagship device as Xperia Z4 Compact. A new smartphone, Sony Xperia A4 has been officially announced which is expected to be the next flagship member of Sony’s family.
Sony Xperia A4 features a 4.6 inch Trilluminos HD display with X-Reality for mobiles and has a resolution of 1280×720 pixels. It comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with a clocking rate of whopping 2.5 GHz, which is paired with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage out of the box. The phone enables memory expansion by a microSD card of up to 128 GB. Xperia A4 runs on Android Lollipop 5.0 platform. It sports a 20.7 MP rear facing auto focus HD camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor and LED flash. The camera provides HDR feature for photos and videos and is capable of 1080p HD video recording. A4 comes with a 2.2 MP front facing camera with 72p HD video capture.
Sony Xperia A4 Specifications
- 2.5 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2 GB RAM, 16 GB in built storage
- microSD card support up to 128 GB
- 4.6 inch HD Trillumins display with X-Reality (1280×720 pixels)
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- 20.7 MP rear facing camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor and LED flash
- 2.2 MP front facing camera with 720p HD video recording
- LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, MHL
- 9.1 mm thick, weighs 129 grams
- Dust and water resistant (IPx5/IPx6 rating)
- 2600 mAh battery with STAMINA mode
Sony Xperia A4 price has not been cued yet and it will be available in Pink, Blue, White and Grey color options. Sony Xperia A4 launch is first expected to hit Japan with the only network carrier as NTT Docomo initially.