WhatsApp needs no introduction as it currently ranks at the top of Google Playstore among instant messaging apps. WhatsApp allows users to connect with one another instantly via text, audio and video calls. The free-to-use app also lets you share different kinds of documents even if they are in another country. WhatsApp users don’t need to worry about expensive calling plans because all they need is an Internet connection on their phones.
WhatsApp is widely used to share photos and videos in no time but the platform mechanism automatically compresses the file size and thus reduces their quality. There are times when users really need to maintain the quality of images and videos when they send files on WhatsApp. If you wish to share videos and photos in their original quality, you can send them as documents.
Currently, WhatsApp allows users to share documents of up to 100MB in size, so users can exploit this feature to share high-quality images and videos. Additionally, WhatsApp is testing a higher 2GB restriction for document sharing that will likely be implemented soon.
We have created a guide to quickly show you how to send images and videos on WhatsApp as documents so that the quality doesn’t get compromised.
How to send images and videos in high quality on WhatsApp on Android
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to a chat.
- Click the paperclip icon.
- Choose Documents.
- Tap on the picture or video you want to send after browsing for it.
- Hit the send button.
ALSO READ: How To Use Netflix Profile Transfer Feature?
How to send images and videos in high quality on WhatsApp on Apple iOS
The image or video must be saved to the Files app on iOS devices before sending them as a document on WhatsApp. So, here’s how to do it.
- On your iPhone, open the ‘Photos’ app and select the image or video you wish to share as a document.
- Click the ‘Share’ button located in the bottom left corner.
- Click ‘Save to Files’ as you scroll down below.
- Open WhatsApp now, select the ‘Plus’ icon from the menu, and then select Document.
- Finally, locate the image or video and tap to send it.
Using this technique, photos and videos are sent to the recipient quickly and with the finest quality possible. Remember that users must use WhatsApp to share files instead of sending them directly from the gallery app.