Carl Pei’s Nothing launched their first smartphone named Nothing Phone 1 last week. The smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 778G+ chipset and features a 6.55-inch OLED display with 1200 nits brightness. There is 256GB UFS 3.1 storage and 12GB RAM.
With the device finally launched in India, units of Nothing phone 1 have made their way into the hands of those who pre-ordered the device. Now that people are using it, some problems have started popping up in both the hardware and software departments.
From small niggles to serious hardware problems, here we have listed all these problems. Read on to know more.
Nothing Phone 1 Bugs & Issues
The issues with Nothing Phone 1 have been divided into 2 parts- Hardware and Software related problems.
Nothing Phone 1 Hardware Issues
Like all tech products, Nothing Phone 1 also faces some hardware problems. Although earlier these problems were considered minor, some issues that are popping up are more serious. Here are some problems-
- Dead Pixel near selfie camera- Some units of Nothing Phone 1 have encountered dead pixels near the front camera of the device. The dead pixel appears to be bleeding green around the area. The issue is spreading to many units around the world. Even Indian units of Nothing Phone 1 bought from Flipkart have faced this issue. The Dead Pixel Fix app can be used to check the display for any issues. Since this seems to be hardware oriented, there is no specific fix for the dead pixel at the moment.
- Green Tint on Display– Another prominent display issue is a slight green tint around the bottom of the Nothing Device display. The tinting is more prominent when the dark mode is turned on and is best seen in dark areas. The tint can be distracting and obstructs the clean experience. A number of people have been encountering this issue and there is no fix for it as of now.
- Moisture under back camera module– Though Nothing Phone 1 comes with an IP53 rating, one user has reported a problem of moisture being visible under the glass cover of the back camera module and its surroundings. The moisture near your phone is not normal and nor is it recommended. Nothing does have a solution for this problem and is also dispatching replacement units. So, if you are facing this issue, contact them for getting the issue resolved or get a replacement.
In addition to hardware issues, Nothing Phone 1 is also facing some software problems. Let us have a look at them-
- Bluetooth Connectivity issues- Just a day ago, a user reported about this issue on Reddit. The user claimed that he was not able to connect his device to Bluetooth headphones without glitches. Nothing Phone indicated restarting the device, but still, the problem remains unsolved. A solution that is being thrown in is that one can turn off call and media audio in Bluetooth settings and turn them back on. Although it is possible that the issue might still remain unsolved. A software update will solve this problem whenever it arrives.
- Occasional Lag after unlocks- A Reddit user also complained that their Phone 1 lags terribly every time he unlocked it. Restarting the phone, locking/unlocking the device, and closing other apps are some solutions, which might or might not prove to be useful. Factory resetting your device might work, but nothing has been called a concrete solution yet.
Meanwhile, have you also run into any issues with your Nothing Phone 1 unit? If yes, let us know in the comments section below.