Canon made its first attempt in full-frame mirrorless cameras with EOS R and EOS RP. After a dull start, Canon seems to be pulling all stops with EOS R5. While the R5 launch still has some time to go, Canon has selectively started revealing features and specs of the upcoming camera.
Canon uploaded EOS R5 key features on its website calling it a “game-changer” in its segment. The EOS R5 biggest update is a new image sensor and processor. This combination will earn the EOS R5 8K mirrorless camera tag which not many rival brands offer in this segment. The 8K videos will include in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
ALSO READ: How to book LPG cylinder using Umang app
The R5 will be able to record 4K videos at 120fps without applying crop. It also supports 20fps burst shooting mode with electric shutter. The camera also includes 5-axis in-body stabilisation is compatible with the Optical IS found in many RF and EF lenses.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 To Get Blood Pressure Monitoring Feature in Q3, 2020
The EOS R5 design follows the EOS 5D Mark IV design philosophy. Canon has replaced programmable touch with a joystick. The camera also includes an articulating rear LCD display which seems larger than usual.
Canon EOS R5 highlights:
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.