Uber, a global cab aggregator, recently added Unified Payment interface (UPI) as a payment option in India. UPI is a unique technology developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) which allows users to transact from and between multiple bank accounts using one unified platform.
Uber teamed up with Axis bank and HDFC bank to give UPI payment option to riders in its cab hailing application. Now a Uber rider will be able to pay for Uber ride via UPI or cash, Paytm, debit card and credit card options.
Also Read: Best Google Search Bar alternatives for Android Users
What’s the basic requirement for choosing UPI as a payment option in Uber?
Well, all you need is an existing UPI virtual payment address or else you will have to create a UPI address using any UPI app (it is free).
Follow these steps to setup UPI on Uber:
- Firstly, check if there is any pending Play store or App store update.
- Now, tap on the hamburger menu on the left corner and go to Payment option.
- Tap on UPI and select ‘continue’
- You can link your existing UPI payment address or set up a new one
- The app will verify your number registered with the bank. You will need the same SIM on your phone to use UPI.
- Choose one bank if you have the same number registered with multiple banks. If you already have a UPI Pin linked with the account, you are done.
- Otherwise, Uber will prompt you to add last 6 digits of and expiry details of your linked debit card.
- Punch in the OTP and setup your UPI pin.
- All set.
Now select your Payment option as UPI while you book your next ride.
Also Read: Detailed Guide: How to Book JioPhone Online And Offline