Looks like Reliance Jio will be extending the deadline it had set for its existing 100 million consumers to join its Jio Prime membership program.
A source at TeleAnalysis claims that the Jio has achieved about 50 percent of its target to enroll Jio Prime users and clearly needs more time to rope in more. According to the report, the number of users who enrolled for Jio Prime membership lies between 22 and 27 Million.
Nothing, however, is final yet as “nothing has been finalized yet. Going by the recent push in Jio Prime marketing efforts an extension seems logical and plausible. In fact, existing tech savvy users can enroll for Jio prime for free as well.
In case of an extension, it wouldn’t make sense for Jio to continue Happy New Year offer (or its free services). If at all, only the deadline for Jio Prime subscription will be extended.
The Jio Prime membership, which costs Rs. 99, and apart from access to Jio Apps, the Prime subscription entails several benefits over regular Jio plans. Reliance will also keep bringing lucrative deals for Prime members through the year. We have detailed these plans here.
How to Get Jio Prime membership for Free
Jio Money users can work their way to get free Jio Prime membership.
- Open Jio Money app and log-in
- Recharge your Jio number with Rs. 99
- Reliance Jio will push a Rs. 50 voucher in “Offer section” of the app
- You can now use this voucher code to recharge your Jio number with 303 plan
- You will get another Voucher worth Rs. 50 in the Offer section, which makes the combined cashback benefits equivalent to Jio Prime membership fee
- Rs. 50 cashback voucher will be first 5 recharges, and thus the effective cost of 303 plan for the first 4 months will be around Rs. 250