Infinix, a smartphone brand of Transsion brand, has initiated the process of adding face unlock feature on its budget phone, the Hot S3 (Review), via OTA update. The additional security feature enables the Hot S3 user to unlock the device with just a glance.
How to Activate Face Unlock on Infinix Hot S3?
Infinix Hot S3 users can manually enable this new software update simply by the following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings and click on Security & location, select Face ID
- Step 2: Set up a lock screen passcode and click on “Go to set up lockscreen passcode
- Step 3: Select one of the option from Pattern, PIN or Password as your Unlock Selection
- Step 4: Enter your 4 digit PIN and click on “Continue”
- Step 5: Click on Yes for Secure Start-up
- Step 6: In the face ID window, add Face ID,
- Step 7: You are in Face ID window now. Click on “Add Face ID”, scan your face within the circle. After complete scan, it will show “Face ID successfully enrolled”
- Step 8: Your Face ID has been set up successfully.
- Step 9: to check it, Lock your phone, press the power button, and bring your phone in front of your face, click on the power button and your device will be unlocked.\
Infinix Hot S3 Features
The Infinix Hot S3 is battery and selfie-centric budget smartphone, priced at a starting price of Rs. 8,999 available exclusively on Flipkart. The major highlight of the phone includes a 5.-65inch 18:9 HD+ display, Snapdragon 430, Android Oreo, 4000mAh, and 20MP selfie camera.
Infinix Hot S3 Specification
|Model||Infinix Hot S3|
|Display||5.65-Inch, 18:9 (1440 x 720) HD+, 2.5D Dragontrail glass|
|Processor||1.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 430|
|Internal Storage||32GB/64GB, expandable up to 256GB|
|Software||Android 8 Oreo, with XOS 3.0|
|Selfie Camera||20MP, f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash|
|Rear Camera||13MP, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash|
|Others||4G VoLTE support, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, OTG, GPS, Fingerprint sensor|
|Infinix Hot S3 India price||Rs. 8,999/ Rs. 10,999|