Spotify is a digital music streaming app that gives you access to millions of songs with/without ads in a plethora of languages. The platforms not only consist of musical playlists but also podcasts and audio shows. The platform now allows its users to stream music for free (with ads) and download songs for offline listening. Offline listening is useful when there is no internet connection available on your device. Downloading songs for offline listening requires a Spotify Premium account. Read on to know how to download songs on mobiles/desktops for offline listening.
Downloading Spotify Music
To download songs for offline listening from Spotify, one needs to have a premium account. The plans are affordable starting from Rs. 7 and come with a variety of benefits like ad-free listening, downloading for offline listening, multiple profiles, and more. Here are all the Spotify Premium Plans available at the moment-
|Plan||Price & Validity||Accounts||Devices|
|Mini||Rs. 7/ day||1||1 mobile|
|Mini||Rs. 25/week||1||1 mobile|
|Individual||Rs. 129/month||1||5 devices|
|Individual||Rs. 389/3 months||1||5 devices|
|Individual||Rs. 719/6 months||1||5 devices|
|Individual||Rs. 1189/year||1||5 devices|
|Duo||Rs/ 165/month||2||5 devices|
|Duo||Rs. 499/3 months||2||5 devices|
|Duo||Rs. 899/6 months||2||5 devices|
|Duo||Rs. 1799/year||2||5 devices|
|Family||Rs. 199/month||6||5 devices|
|Family||Rs. 595/3 months||6||5 devices|
|Family||Rs. 1075/6 months||6||5 devices|
|Family||Rs. 2149/year||6||5 devices|
Subscribing to Spotify Premium is very simple. Just follow the given steps-
- Go to the official website/ Spotify app on your device.
- Log in to your profile, if registered. Otherwise, create a profile if you are a first-time user.
- Go to the home page and click on the upgrade option at the top.
- Select the premium plan you wish to buy and tap on Get Started.
- Enter details make payment and you are done. You now have a Spotify Premium membership.
How to download Spotify Music for offline listening
Downloading Spotify music for offline listening on mobile/tablet-
- Open the Spotify App on your Android phone/iPhone and make sure you have an active and strong internet connection.
- Go to the song you want to download. You can download individual songs.
- Click on the down-arrow icon under the song menu to start the download. Once the download gets completed, the arrow turns green.
Downloading Spotify music for offline listening on Desktop-
- Open the Spotify desktop app on your Mac or Windows computer. If you don’t have this app, go to the Spotify website, log in to your account and then click on the install app option on the left. Follow the instructions to download and install the desktop app.
- In the desktop app, go to the album/playlist you want to download. Create a playlist of the songs, you want to download. Go to the playlist in your library.
- Click on the down arrow icon under the album/playlist to start the download. Once the download is complete, the arrow will turn green.
The downloaded Spotify music will be available on your device. Mobile users can go to your library, and then select the Downloaded filter button at the top. On the desktop, the downloaded music under Your Library can be identified with a green arrow icon.
Adding a Song to Spotify Playlist
- Open the Spotify app on your desktop/mobile phone.
- Go to search and type the name of the song you want to download.
- Click on the three-dot icon along with the name of your song and select Add to the playlist.
- Click on New playlist or create a playlist, to make a new playlist.
- Mobile users will need to give a name to the new playlist and then click on Create. On the desktop, the new playlist will be given the name of the song added.
- The song you want to download will be added to your new playlist.
1. List down Spotify Download limitations.
You can download up to 10,000 songs per device on a maximum of 5 devices. Also, you can listen to offline music on Spotify music for up to 30 days. Otherwise, you will lose the downloads. You can only access the downloaded music on the Spotify app, not your device.
2. Can one download songs using Spotify Free?
No, the free version of Spotify allows you to download podcasts only.
3. Why are my downloads not playing?
Check if the song has been downloaded. If this doesn’t work, try restarting the app or switching to offline mode.
4. How to delete downloaded songs on Spotify?
To remove all downloads, go to Home, then Settings, and then Storage. Select Remove all downloads.
To manually remove one/more downloads, go to your library, tap Downloaded, and open a downloaded album/playlist you wish to remove. Click on the green arrow and tap on Remove.